Coronavirus and Your Family: Everything Parents Need to Know
Pediatrician Dr. Steve Silvestro & Emergency Medicine Physician Dr. Michael Daignault break down all the details parents need to know about keeping their families healthy during the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak
by Steve Silvestro, MD @zendocsteve
The coronavirus outbreak seems scary. And from a public health standpoint and for certain people, it is scary.
But what about coronavirus and your family—what do you need to know as a parent?
The fact of the matter is that there’s a flood of information about the COVID-19 coronavirus out there, and it can be challenging to tease out what it really means for you and your kids.
In this episode, I talk with Dr. Michael Daignault—an L.A.-area emergency medicine physician with a global health background who’s been on top of providing info & guidance on coronavirus these last several weeks—and we break down everything parents need to know about the coronavirus outbreak.
If you’ve been anxious about coronavirus and your family, or even just curious about what you should do to prepare, this episode is for you.
You can watch our conversation in the video below.
You can also listen on your favorite podcast app or in the player below.
In This Episode, We Talk About:
- What coronavirus is & why COVID-19 is such a big deal
- What’s making this spread more than SARS & MERS
- Symptoms of coronavirus in your family
- What makes COVID-19 so deadly
- The current situation with children and coronavirus
- Recommendations to keep your family healthy
- The right way to wash hands
- Thoughts on your family’s travel plans — keep or cancel?
- Likely, best-, and worse-case scenarios of the coronavirus outbreak
- How should you prepare for coronavirus?
- Surgical masks vs. N95 masks — whether they work & who should wear them
- Will disinfectants work against COVID-19?
- Current progress on treatments & vaccines for coronavirus
- …and a whole lot more!