Growth Mindset & Grit: Setting Your Child Up for Success
With the co-creator of ‘The Big Life Journal,’ Alexandra Eidens
This is an episode that I’ve been so excited to finally share with you.
Because the topic of this episode is the KEY to showing your child how to find success in life (and, if we’re honest, it’s the key to you finding it, too!).
And it doesn’t really matter what your definition of “success” is–whether it’s a career, happiness, personal satisfaction.
The necessary ingredient in the journey toward success is the right mindset–a Growth Mindset, to be specific.
Yes, I fully recognize that it can sound hokey to talk about “mindset” as the solution to any problem. But I’ll tell you what–I’ve decided that helping my own children develop a growth mindset is one of my most important tasks as their parent.
There really isn’t any statement stronger than that to show you how important this topic is.
My guest in this episode is Alexandra Eidens. Together with her husband, Scott, Alexandra created the Big Life Journal, a 6-month guided journal that instills key tenets of a Growth Mindset in children.
Alexandra initially created this journal for her son, so that he could grow into a “positive, resilient, confident human being who strives to achieve great things in life.” Now this journal–and these wonderful traits–has made an impact on thousands of children around the world.
Listen to the interview in the player below or your favorite podcast app & see how developing a Growth Mindset can have an incredible impact on your child:
In This Episode, We Talk About:
- The difference between a ‘Growth Mindset’ and a ‘Fixed Mindset’
- The research-backed benefits of a growth mindset
- Why even just hearing that they can always improve helps kids perform better
- How growth mindset helps your kids develop grit & resilience
- The role of passion in kids’ success
- Why saying your child is “naturally” good or bad at something actually limits them
- Why we need to let our kids fail
- What to do when your child says, “I can’t do it”
- What you might be getting wrong when you praise your child
- How to get kids to enjoy challenges
- and a whole lot more…
Scroll up to the player above to listen, or hear it on your favorite podcast app!
Get Your Own Big Life Journal!
Click HERE and use the code ZENDOCSTEVE to get 10% off your purchase of a Big Life Journal and help nurture your child’s Growth Mindset today!