Parenting Manners During COVID & Beyond
Expert tips for handling the awkward conversations, questions, and situations parents face in the world of COVID
by Steve Silvestro, MD @zendocsteve
It goes without saying that COVID has turned everything we know on its head.
This is equally true for almost all things parenting. Things we used to take for granted—like scheduling a playdate in a park or seeing family—now take on extra layers of awkwardness and caution. Is the other family on the same page precaution-wise as you? How to handle the requests from Grandma to come visit when you know Grandma thinks differently about what is & isn’t safe?
Sarah Davis & Evie Granville are here with tips for handling all the awkward & uncomfortable situations of our brand new world. Their new book, Modern Manners for Moms & Dads: Practical Parenting Solutions for Sticky Social Situations, is packed with useful insights into modern parenting etiquette—and in this super-entertaining episode, they apply their approach to answer the questions we’ve all been asking.
This conversation was so much fun & so applicable experiences we’ve all been having. I have a feeling you’ll enjoy it & I know you’ll walk away with something to try for yourself!
Take a listen on your favorite podcast app or in the player below:
In This Episode, We Talk About:
- How COVID has changed so many norms
- How to define “parenting etiquette” for the modern world
- Why parenting is partially defined by what you do outside of your home
- What self-care has to do with etiquette
- The 3 parenting personality types — and why understanding your type is key to addressing parenting social challenges
- How to handle relationships when you’re each different parenting types
- How to have the conversation with friends & family to figure out whether their COVID precautions mesh with yours
- Managing comments from family when you’re on different pages with COVID precautions
- How to politely decline an invite you’re not comfortable with
- How to not feel judged for your decisions
- Handling unwanted advice
- An overall framework you can use to decide what’s right for you in ANY situation
- …and a whole lot more!
Scroll up to the player above to listen, or hear it on your favorite podcast app!
This episode is sponsored by happyly. Happyly was created to help every parent feel like a super parent, with inspiration for activities and curated adventures near home or on the go. Take the pressure out of planning family adventures & download the free happyly app today.
Important Resources for You to Use:
Evie & Sarah
- Get their new book: Modern Manners for Moms & Dads: Practical Parenting Solutions for Sticky Social Situations
- Their website: evieandsarah.com
- Their Instagram: @evieandsarah