Building Strong, Loving Relationships with Our Kids – With Dr. Andrea Bonior
Many of the questions that I get asked as a pediatrician don’t necessarily have to do with coughs and colds and medicine. Most of the questions are actually about parenting.
We all want to do the best by our kids, and we all set out to build a fun, trusting, loving relationship with them that will last a lifetime.
And there is no one better to talk about relationships than Dr. Andrea Bonior. Dr. Bonior is a clinical psychologist, professor, and author. She regularly appears on radio and television and writes a column for the Washington Post Express. She even wrote The Friendship Fix: The Complete Guide to Choosing, Losing, and Keeping Up with Your Friends, a book on how to best care for your friendships.
Dr. Bonior is an expert at what makes good relationships tick. And as a parent of 3 kids herself, she has a wealth of great insights that can help you build a strong, loving relationship with your kids.
Get ready for some useful tools and perspectives in Episode 02 with Dr. Andrea Bonior.
Listen on your favorite podcast app or in the player below:
Some Questions That I Ask:
- Does how we talk to our kids impact their beliefs about themselves?
- Is parenting today different from how it used to be, and does that make it easier or harder for us?
- How does our own emotional baggage impact our relationship with our kids, and how can we change that?
- What if you think you’re heading down the wrong path with your child—how do you start afresh?
- How do our own social media habits have an impact on our relationship with our kids?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to more effectively talk to your kids and open up the channels for them to talk back meaningfully
- How to deal with lying
- How to handle different kids differently, while still maintaining a cohesive parenting style
- The benefits of setting parameters
- How your role as a parent changes as your children age
- The importance of including your kids in the process of strengthening your relationship with them
- And much, much more!
Andrea was a wonderful guest and, as you’ll see, could talk about a number of topics. What would you like to hear her talk about next time? Write in the comments below or tweet me @ZenDocSteve and let me know!
- Dr. Bonior’s book, The Friendship Fix: The Complete Guide to Choosing, Losing, and Keeping Up with Your Friends
- Dr. Bonior’s website: www.drandreabonior.com
- Dr. Bonior can be found on Twitter @drandreabonior and Facebook
- Dr. Bonior’s column for the Washington Post Express, “Baggage Check“, and her column for Psychology Today, “Friendship 2.0“