How To Survive Traveling With Kids – with Marianne Perez de Fransius
LISTEN & SUBSCRIBE on iTunes,your favorite podcast app, or the player below
I don’t know about you, but before we had kids my wife and I imagined traveling the world with our baby on our backs. We’d be rustic, adventurous–maybe even hike mountains and go camping with an adorable toddler in tow.
And then the babies came…and in the whirlwind of being new parents, those visions of trailblazing travels seemed too intimidating when faced with the “reality” of having kids.
But now, if you are a parent who has aspirations to see the world (or even just fly home for the holidays), there is hope! Marianne Perez de Fransius and Bébé Voyage have the secrets to make traveling with young children smooth and enjoyable.
Marianne is an entrepreneur, trainer, and peacebuilder, and has traveled the world with projects that help people see the value of peace in their daily lives so that we can all live in a better world. And together with her longtime friend and fellow jet-setting mom Juliet Perrachon, Marianne cofounded Bébé Voyage, an online resource and community designed to help parents who travel with babies connect with each other so that they can trade resources, tips, and experiences to ease their travel experience.
I can tell you that after interviewing Marianne, I felt that if I’d had the insights she shares back when my kids were babies, worry-free traveling wouldn’t have seemed so out of reach.
So get ready to be inspired to pack your bags and visit family or see the world after you listen to Episode 8 with Marianne Perez de Fransius!
Listen by clicking here for iTunes or play it below.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- 5 Golden Rules for Handling Baby Jet Lag
- Trusted secrets for packing a carry-on bag for you and your kids
- How to keep a child happy on a long flight
- Tips for staying healthy while traveling
- How to score an extra seat for your “lap infant” on a plane
- Thoughts on the question of using Benadryl to make your child drowsy
- What secret accommodations from airlines you can ask for to help make a flight go more smoothly
- And much, much more!
At one point in our conversation, Marianne turned the tables and asked me some of the questions that parents commonly ask about healthy traveling with kids, which was a lot of fun!
- Bébé Voyage website: www.bebevoyage.com , Facebook group, Twitter: @BebeVoyage , Instagram: bebe.voyage
- Strollers that fit in overhead bin: Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller, Babyzen YOYO Stroller
- Inflatable baby bathtub: Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub