Scoliosis in Kids
A primer for parents, with guest Dr. Mia Ortega sharing everything you need to know!
Scoliosis is something many parents have heard about — but do you really know what it is?
Would you be able to recognize it in your child?
Or what might happen if it goes undiscovered and untreated?
Dr. Mia Ortega is a doctor of chiropractic, having trained at the University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, and now focusing on chiropractic orthopedics at the university. She stops by The Child Repair Guide this week to talk about all of this and more in this great, practical conversation about scoliosis in kids.
In This Episode, We Talk About:
- What scoliosis is
- Normal curves versus abnormal curves
- When scoliosis develops — and how the timing of its development might indicate an underlying problem
- Signs your child might have scoliosis
- Why we care about scoliosis — what can happen if it’s missed
- What treatments are used to address scoliosis
- What role a chiropractor might play on the medical team
- And every parent’s favorite point — how to actually get your child to sit up straight and have good posture!
- All this and a whole lot more…